Ashmole & Co helped local companies claim almost £12 million from furlough scheme
ASHMOLE & CO helped over 600 local employers to claim almost £12million from the Government’s Furlough Scheme to help save approximately 3,000 jobs from redundancy.
Claims made by Ashmole & Co to the Furlough Scheme, throughout the 18 months it was available, resulted in £11,817,819 paid out to local companies who had to close or reduce their staff numbers due to the Covid19 pandemic.
The Furlough Scheme ran from March 2020 to the end of September 2021 and the government says 11.6 million jobs have been supported by the scheme across the UK.
Will Hughes, Partner with Ashmole & Co said, “It has been an especially difficult time for so many local employers having to furlough staff as a result of the pandemic. We were proud to be able to help them safely through the minefield of applying for support to ensure those employees still had jobs to come back to and get paid. Our entire team have worked extremely hard for clients over the past 18 months to make sure clients were getting all the government support they were entitled to via the various Government Schemes. We would especially like to thank all our staff for their commitment and hard work.”
Every Ashmole & Co office across south, mid and west Wales closed for a day during August to give staff an extra day off as a thank you for all their work and resilience during Covid19.
Ashmole & Co’s dedicated payroll team allows companies to be relieved of the burden of administering their payroll and during the Covid19 pandemic has meant applying for government support to retain those staff on the payroll. Clients can concentrate on the core activities of their business. Payroll registration, advice, compliance, investigations, bureau service and CIS contracts are all part of the service Ashmole & Co can provide. Day to day Ashmole and Co’s Payroll team are the hidden heroes for local clients as they administer their pay systems.
Ashmole & Co Chartered and Certified Accountants have been established since 1897 and are one of the largest accountancies and auditing practices in Wales, operating from 13 offices throughout south and west Wales including Llandovery, Ammanford, Swansea, Neath, Carmarthen, Haverfordwest and Tenby.
- Boss of organised crime group arrested by NCA cops in Wales by Carli Newell
- 13-year-old boy has died after swimming in River Tawe￼ by Carli Newell
- Mum of murdered soldier Lee Rigby launches charity in Wales by Cerys Lafferty
- Travelodge partners with BHF to pilot innovative 15-minute CPR training tool by Cerys Lafferty
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- In It Together Festival: First wave of event line-up announced by Luke Sinclair
- Top bakery on a roll with 100 jobs on offer thanks to new £16m production line by Carli Newell