THANKS to generous support from the Hodge Foundation, The Aloud Charity are thrilled to launch a new Only Kids Aloud Chorus for 2022! Children in Wales in school years 5, 6 and 7 (aged 9-12) are welcome to join!
Only Kids Aloud (OKA) is an annual project that runs continuously on a yearly basis. The Aloud Charity is proud to welcome between 80-100 talented children to the programme from every corner of Wales every year, who audition for their place and enjoy residential-style learning from professional music leaders. With no official National Children’s Choir for Wales, OKA provides a high-quality choral experience for children from all over the country.
The Aloud Charity want the children to have the full OKA experience: singing, working, playing and growing together. This is the experience which is most meaningful – it offers extraordinary opportunities and can change lives.
Only Kids Aloud is a pan-Wales chorus for boys and girls aged 9-12, who have had the opportunity to sing at some spectacular events since its conception in 2010. Initially a joint project with Wales Millennium Centre, OKA have performed with Bryn Terfel in Cape Town, sung Mahler with Gergiev in St. Petersburg, Russia and appeared in the CBeebies’ Pantomime.
Only Kids Aloud Project Manager, Mirain Vaughan, commented: “This is a fantastic opportunity for children in Wales to apply to become members of a pan-Wales children’s choir. To take part in such a large-scale programme along with incredible performance opportunities, musical and confidence building skills, and more importantly, to have fun with new like-minded friends from all over Wales! If you are in school years 5, 6 and 7 (aged 9-12), I urge you to audition for the Only Kids Aloud chorus to be part of this exciting journey.”
Karen Hodge from the Hodge Foundation said: “We are delighted to be supporting Only Kids Aloud again this year. The new OKA choir for 2022 will be able to enjoy regional and residential rehearsals and exciting performance opportunities. OKA is a wonderful project, engaging with children so they may experience the joy of singing together, especially as children have missed out on the fun and interactive elements of live music-making during Covid.”
For further information, please visit our website – www.aloud.cymru/en/oka Information on how to apply for the OKA 2022 chorus by the deadline of October 18th are on our website. Rehearsals will start in Spring 2022.
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Police say that new scientific evidence shows that David Morris was correctly convicted by Carli Newell
- Millions of illegal tobacco products seized as part of crackdown on illicit tobacco trade by Cerys Lafferty
- Judges sing praises of tech savvy music cooperative by Carli Newell
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- University gains double recognition for its outstanding green spaces by Cerys Lafferty
- Swansea teenager, who took up art during lockdown, sells work for thousands by Andy Chandler
- Apprenticeships key to growth of award-winning North Wales business by Cerys Lafferty