Appeal after man found unconscious in Newport city centre
OFFICERS were called to Skinner Street at around 3.40am on Sunday 29 May after a man was found with a head injury and he is receiving treatment in hospital.
Gwent police are appealing for information and witnesses after a man was found unconscious in Skinner Street, Newport, at around 3.40am on Sunday 29 May.
Officers attended, along with paramedics from the Welsh Ambulance Service, and a 39-year-old man from Newport was taken to hospital for treatment after sustaining a head injury where he remains in a stable condition.
Detective Constable John-Paul Velasquez-Cripps, the officer in the case, said: “We’re keen to hear from anyone who may have information or details that could assist our enquiry, particularly if you’ve not yet spoken to us.
“If you have CCTV or dashcam footage from the city centre of Newport, close to Skinner Street and High Street, between 3.30am and 3.50am on Sunday 29 May, we want to hear from you.”
Enquiries are ongoing and anyone with details can call 101 or send us a direct message on social media, quoting log reference 2200179163.
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously with information by calling 0800 555 111.
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- Wrexham complete first summer signing by James Hemingray
- Indigo Premiership fixtures released for 2022/23 season by James Hemingray
- Swansea Building Society marks milestone by donating to food banks by Cerys Lafferty