Five teenagers charged with murder of Newport man Ryan O’Connor
FIVE teenagers appeared at Newport Magistrates Court on Monday, June 14, charged with the murder of 26-year-old father Ryan O’Connor and one count of robbery.
Mr. O’Connor was found unconscious at about 9:05pm in Balfe Road, Alway, Newport, last Thursday night (June 10), he was pronounced dead by paramedics a short while later.
The five who have each been charged with Mr O’Connor’s murder and robbery are Lewis Aquilina, 19, of Canton Court, Riverside, Cardiff; Elliot Fiteni, 19, of no fixed abode; Ethan Strickland, 18, of Clos Briallen, Caerau, Cardiff; and two 17-year-old boys – who we cannot name for legal reasons, spoke in court only to confirm their names.
The five will return to Newport Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on Tuesday, June 22.
Police investigation into Mr O’Connor’s death, which has shocked the community, are still ongoing and anyone with any information is being asked to contact 101 and quote log reference 2100203630.
Balloons and floral tributes have been left at the location where he was found unconscious.
The 26-year-old father, affectionately known as ‘Apple’, was described by those who knew him as a popular figure.
- Welsh Government relaxes self-isolation for fully-vaccinated adults by Jon Coles
- Welsh councils plunged into housing crisis chaos by Jon Coles
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Prif lwybr i filiwn o siaradwyr Cymraeg mewn perygl o ddirywiad terfynol, meddai’r Ceidwadwyr by Carli Newell
- Main route to one million Welsh speakers in danger of terminal decline, says Conservative by Carli Newell
- Llangolman: Police refuse to release info by Andy Chandler
- Plato’s Theory of Empathy by Jon Coles
- The Scoveston Murders: Following the tracks by Andy Chandler