Llwydcoed incident: Body of a man discovered inside property
SOUTH WALES POLICE can confirm an ongoing incident in the Llwydcoed area has concluded.
Officers were called to the address at 4.45pm on Sunday (Jan 30) after concerns were raised for the welfare of a man believed to be in possession of a firearm.
At approximately 11.45am today, officers discovered the deceased body of a man inside the address.
A police cordon remains in place at the location and the scene is being preserved.
The man’s family are aware and are being supported by specially trained officers.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file of evidence will be put together for the Coroner.
Chief Inspector Matthew Codd said: “Our thoughts are with the family of the man who was found deceased within the property and we are providing support to them at this difficult time.
“I would like to thank local residents for their understanding and cooperation throughout this incident.”
As is usual in these circumstances, the matter has been referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.
- Appeal for witnesses after child sexually assaulted on train in Haverfordwest by Thomas Sinclair
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- WG must balance farming priorities by Jon Coles
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Trussonomics = Thatcherism 2.0 by Jon Coles
- Wales Six Nations tickets on public sale from September 30 by James Hemingray
- Royal symbols that will need to change now Charles is King by Cerys Lafferty
- Welsh farmer-owned creamery on top of the world after golden hat-trick by Jon Coles