Man arrested following murder of 71-year-old woman in Swansea
A murder investigation is underway following the discovery of the body of a 71-year-old woman at a house in Clydach, Swansea.
Police said they were called to Tanycoed Road shortly after 8.20 a.m. on Tuesday (Aug 23).
A 55-year-old local man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is being held by police.
Acting Detective Superintendent Mark Lewis said: “Clearly, this incident will cause shock to the close knit community of Clydach.
“I want to assure the community that an early arrest has been made and we are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident.
“There will continue to be an active police presence in the area as we progress our enquiries and seek to reassure the community”.
More to follow
- Narberth Athletic earn win over Carmarthen by James Hemingray
- Merlins Bridge seconds come from behind beat Carew seconds by James Hemingray
- The Welsh captain and the Italian revolutionary by Elfed Jones
- Rangers see off Port Talbot Town in FAW Trophy by James Hemingray
- Pennar edge past Saints for first win by James Hemingray
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Top of the table clash between Crymych and Felinfoel ends all square by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans