Murder investigation launched after death of two year old child
South Wales Police’s Major Crime Investigations team have launched a murder investigation following the death of a two-year-old boy at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff this afternoon.
The child was admitted after being found in a critical condition at an address in Broadlands, Bridgend at approximately 8.30pm on Wednesday night.
A 31-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.
Detective Chief Inspector Matt Davies, said: “I understand this incident will have caused concerns in the local community, but I must stress we are not currently looking for anyone else in connection with this matter at this time.
“The family concerned continue to be supported by dedicated family liaison officers and I would appeal to people to refrain from speculating on social media at what is a very difficult time for all concerned.
“Anyone who has information which they believe could be relevant can contact us by any of the following means, giving reference *282674.”
- Wales name team for first Test match against South Africa by James Hemingray
- Award-winning dairy farmer endorses value of apprenticeships by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Life sentences handed to trio for murder of Logan Mwangi by Carli Newell
- Man jailed after threatening victims with lighter shaped as a handgun by Cerys Lafferty
- “Bashing elbows and swearing at 60km-an-hour” – dark horse Thomas ready for Le Tour by James Hemingray
- Knauf announces new factory plans by Cerys Lafferty