SOUTH WALES POLICE are investigating a road traffic collision which happened on High Street, Dowlais, at around 5.50pm yesterday (Monday 19 September).
A grey MG ZS was in collision with a pedestrian and, despite the best efforts of members of the public and emergency services, the pedestrian, a 52-year-old woman from Pentrebach, was declared deceased at the scene.
A 29-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving and remains in police custody.
PC Emma Thomas said: “We want to thank those members of the public who assisted us at the scene and would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision or who may have any dash-cam footage of the incident or who witnessed the manner of driving of the MG prior to the collision.”
Please go to https://www.south-wales.police.uk/contact/af/contact-us/us/contact-us/provide-more-information-to-be-added-to-a-crime-report/ and quote ref 2200318517.
- Levelling up goes into reverse by Jon Coles
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Dedicated manager Wayne in line to be honoured at social care Oscars by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Breaking records: The life and death of John Godfrey Parry-Thomas by Doug Evans
- Star Wars: Why the Millennium Falcon was built here in Wales by Doug Evans
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- The Welsh captain and the Italian revolutionary by Elfed Jones