A POLISH man living In Merthyr Tydfil has been remanded into custody after being accused of rape.
It is alleged that Dariusz Janusz Wègrzyn of Lower Thomas Street had sex with a woman between December 2020 and March 2021 without her consent.
As well as two counts of rape, Wègrzyn is also accused of harassing a woman between March 31 and April 3, 2021, when having bail conditions not to do so.
Magistrates in Cardiff court adjourned the matter for trial at Cardiff Crown Court on May 4, refusing bail to the 40-year-old, due to the seriousness of the alleged crimes.
- Appeal for witnesses after child sexually assaulted on train in Haverfordwest by Thomas Sinclair
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- WG must balance farming priorities by Jon Coles
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Trussonomics = Thatcherism 2.0 by Jon Coles
- Wales Six Nations tickets on public sale from September 30 by James Hemingray
- Royal symbols that will need to change now Charles is King by Cerys Lafferty
- Welsh farmer-owned creamery on top of the world after golden hat-trick by Jon Coles