Swansea man charged with murder of 60-year-old in Oxford Circus, London
A SWANSEA man has appeared in court charged with murder after a 60-year-old was stabbed in central London.
Tedi Fanta, 25, of no fixed address but previously of Elgin Street, is charged with the murder of Stephen
Dempsey outside the Microsoft store in Oxford Circus on July 1.
He is also charged with possession of a knife.
Fanta appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Saturday.
The defendant, dressed in a grey tracksuit, was assisted by an interpreter during the hearing.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday.
The man’s next of kin has been informed and are being supported by specially trained officers. A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
On Saturday, Metropolitan Police said that Tedi Fanta Hagos, 25, of Ravenhill, had been charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon on Friday (July 2).
He is due to appear from custody at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Saturday, July 3.
Anyone who can help the investigation is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 7129/01Jul.
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- No-nonsense investing app launches myth-busting ‘Investing Truth or Scare’ quiz by Cerys Lafferty
- Further boost for Wales Women ahead of RWC as 17 players awarded full-time contracts by James Hemingray
- Wales U20 name side to face Italy in group decider by James Hemingray
- Jwmbi: The Elephant buried in a Tregaron beer garden by Doug Evans
- Swansea star given Junior Wimbledon wildcard by James Hemingray
- Wrexham AFC sign goalkeeper Mark Howard by James Hemingray