Treorchy murder: Police appeal for drivers to check dashcams
THE MAJOR Crime Investigations Team at South Wales Police is continuing its investigation into the murder of 16 year-old Wenjing XU, who died following an incident at the Blue Sky takeaway on Baglan Street, Treorchy on Friday (March 5, 2021).
Officers are appealing to drivers who travelled along Baglan Street between 11:50am and 12:15pm on the day inquestion to check any dash cam for footage which may have captured events outside the premises between these times.
Detective Chief Inspector Mark Lewis, said: “We have a dedicated team of officers who have been carrying extensive enquiries in the area and I would like to thank all those who have got in touch so far.
“We know that the incident occurred at a very busy time of the day when lots of cars will have driven passed the Blue Sky premises which is at the centre of our enquiries, and it is likely that a number of those people will have dash cam footage which may help us.”
Two men arrested in connection with the incident remain in hospital – both are in a stable condition.
Specially trained officers continue to support Wenjing’s family at this very difficult time.
DCI Mark Lewis added: “This is an extremely difficult and traumatic time for Wenjing’s family. I am aware there is speculation and rumour online, so I would urge people to be respectful, and not fuel that situation. We are monitoring open source platforms and anybody who commits offences will be robustly dealt with.”
Witnesses or anybody with information can submit it using the Major Investigations Public Portal: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/62SWP21B30-PO1
Alternatively they can contact South Wales Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting occurrence *077519.
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Mumbles maintain unbeaten record by James Hemingray
- Now that’s art, Deco by Jon Coles
- Four working mums face Atlantic rowing challenge by Owen Harries
- US diplomatic boycott of 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics announcement expected this week by Owen Harries
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Cold weather warning: National homeless charity warns of risk to life for people on the streets by Cerys Lafferty
- Street of fame – new book honours the First World War fallen of Denbigh by Cerys Lafferty