Large fire extinguished at Aberystwyth industrial estate
A LARGE fire broke out at an industrial estate in Aberystwyth on Tuesday.
Police closed the road at Llanbadarn Fawr as officers warned people to avoid the area. Police said: “The road at Llanbadarn Fawr, Aberystwyth is currently closed due to a fire at the Industrial Estate. We urge residents to keep their windows closed and to stay indoors until further notice. Please avoid the area whilst we are in attendance.”
Pictures of the scene showed flames rising from the building and a large plume of grey smoke billowing into the air above.
Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene at 1.47pm yesterday (Jan 4). A spokesperson for the service said yesterday: “Four fire appliances, a turntable ladder, an environmental unit and a water bowser have been deployed to the incident.
“The fire involves a single storey building, measuring approximately 45-meters by 15-meters, which is believed to house an internal storage area, various paints and gas canisters.
“Dyfed Powys Police are also in attendance. The road at Llanbadarn Fawr is currently closed and local residents are urged to keep their windows closed and to stay indoors until further notice by the Police.
“We ask that the public avoid the area whilst the emergency services are in attendance.
“The incident is ongoing, and crews will remain at the incident to dampen down and monitor the scene.”
(Photo Mark Lewis)
- Boss of organised crime group arrested by NCA cops in Wales by Carli Newell
- Mum of murdered soldier Lee Rigby launches charity in Wales by Cerys Lafferty
- Travelodge partners with BHF to pilot innovative 15-minute CPR training tool by Cerys Lafferty
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Four children hospitalised after being hit by school bus, three flown by helicopter by Carli Newell
- Top bakery on a roll with 100 jobs on offer thanks to new £16m production line by Carli Newell
- Out of control bonfire destroys garden shed by Carli Newell