Home » Aberaeron hold off battling Quins

Aberaeron hold off battling Quins

PEMBROKE DOCK Quins over the years have struggled when it comes to playing at Parc Drefach, but this time the feeling was that the game could well have been won.

The Quins soon forced an early penalty, and Centre Gethin Bradney stepped up to make no mistake to put the Quins 0-3 in front.

Five minutes later the Quins could well have scored the opening try when Flanker Danny Wilkes just burst away from a maul catching everyone by surprise by his speed and was hauled down just 15 yards from the Seagulls’ line, but sadly for the Quins the support was not their quick enough and the chance was lost.

The Quins were having the best of the opening exchanges, but couldn’t get any points on the board.

Aberaeron responded with a penalty by Outside Half Rhodri Jenkins to level the scores at 3-3.

The last 15 minutes of the half belonged to the home side as the Quins repelled attack after attack, and with the half fading away Outside Half Aaron Cookson saved a certain try when he got under the ball on his own line, the referee adjudged held up, the Quins cleared their lines, as both sides went in at the break all square at 3-3.

online casinos UK

The early stages of the second half belong to the home side, and with just 10 minutes gone Second Row Gethin Hughes forced his way for an unconverted try to put his side 8-3 up, the Quins though fought back, another chance went begging when the home side disrupted a Quins line out 5 yards out.

The Quins battled to the end with no one taking a step backwards, they just needed a bit of luck, the bounce of the ball not going their way.

It was not until the last minute that the Seagulls scored their second unconverted close range try from No8 Bleddyn Thomas to seal the victory.

Even in injury time the Quins had a penalty to at least grab a bonus point, and with Ben Hathaway on the pitch, playing his first game for three years, it would have been interesting to see if he could have goaled it.

The Quins also suffered two injuries, with Wing Jamie Topp suffering a nasty looking knee injury which needed hospital attention, and young Hooker Rhys Roberts having to leave the field after having taken a heavy knock on his back.Lets Hope their is a Speedy Recovery for the both of them.