Home » Cwm stun the Bluebirds

Cwm stun the Bluebirds

CWMAMMAN United’s Ryan Thomas scored twice against former club Haverfordwest County to help his side to a thrilling 3-2 victory at the Bridge Meadow on Saturday (Nov 24).

Haverfordwest took the lead twice in the first half but were pegged back on both occasions as the visitors showed plenty of fighting spirit.

After fourteen minutes the Bluebirds opened the scoring as Ben Fawcett’s shot crept under another ex-Bluebird, keeper Chris Curtis, and into the net.

However, the lead was short lived as Alaric Jones was adjudged to have fouled in the area which gave Thomas the chance to equalise from the spot. He did just that and the game was back in the balance.

Cwm continued to have chances but saw a number of efforts blocked. At the other end, Jack Wilson beat the keeper to the ball and squared across the box but Cwm were able to clear before an attacker could get on the end of it.

Ten minutes before half time Elliot Scotcher sent a corner into the box and captain Sean Pemberton rose highest to power his header into the net.

Again, Cwmamman were soon back level as they did well to win the ball back and the ball spilt kindly for Ryan Hurlow who ran on before shooting low under the keeper into the net.

The visitors were then forced into a double substitution as Declan John and Luke Allen went off injured with James Bryan and Chris Allen coming on.

With those injuries there was little action before the half ended and after Ashley Bevan saw a shot saved the referee blew for half time.

At the start of the second half the Blues of Cwmamman thought they had taken the lead but the goal was ruled out for an offside. Ricky Watts had given away the free kick and was shown a yellow card.

online casinos UK

Haverfordwest also came close to breaking the stalemate as Elliot Scotcher sent a free kick into the box but the ball smacked against the post and was cleared.

Bevan then crossed for sub Steff Williams who tried a cheeky backheel but the Cwm keeper was equal to it and abe to make the save.

The home side’s hopes of winning the game were then dealt a blow as Watts was booked for a foul meaning he would be taking an early shower.

Both sides had chances to take the lead but were unable to find a way to goal and it looked as if the game would finish goalless.

Cwm’s Thomas had other ideas as he pounced on a loose ball to score his second and put his team ahead.

The win for the visitors keeps them fifth in the table two points behind the Bluebirds and five points behind the leaders.

On Saturday (Dec 1) Cwmamman United make their return to Grenig Park with a home game against Division 1 leaders Penybont