Home » Rangers and Grave share the points
Football Sport

Rangers and Grave share the points

BEFORE a ball was kicked Mumbles Rangers, Giants Grave FC and referee Alan Gray lined up united in Remembrance – Lest we Forget.

A period of silence was well observed by all in attendance. A large number of spectators turned up to watch this West Wales Premier League encounter.

The opening 30 minutes saw both teams test out each other’s defensive lines. Giants Grave were spurred on by their large away support. The visitors seemed to gain inspiration and looked lively up front.

In particular centre forward Morgan Freeman and midfielder Jamie Karnsang were showing some nice touches in their play whilst at the back the visitors Captain David Pearson galvanised his team’s defence and he enjoyed getting himself further up the pitch at times joining in with the attack.

Mumbles Rangers were also pressing and Mathew Thomas was a threat wide on the right. On one occasion Mathew Thomas managed to shake off his marker and got to the edge of the visitors penalty area close to the touch line and drove a low hard cross deep into the six yard area which beat the visitors defence and begged for a final touch to put the ball into the net.

Rangers midfielder Sam Evans had made a run from midfield knowing what Mathew was going to do and was literally inches away from connecting with the ball as he slid in to meet the cross but agonisingly the chance had gone.

online casinos UK

Giants Grave broke free minutes later as Rangers lost possession of the ball up front. The visitors took their opportunity well moving and passing the ball and it was striker Ben Wayman who applied the finish to give his side the lead in the 34th minute.

Three minutes later Rangers were stunned when visitors’ midfielder Jamie Karnsang doubled his side’s lead as he whirled away in celebration and made a slide towards his supporters.

Rangers’ response was almost immediate as Mathew Thomas broke free, this time on the left and drove his shot past the visitors’ keeper to pull a goal back.

The action was frantic and Giants Grave held their slender lead as the referee blew for half time.

The second half was more of the same as the game was back and forth. Rangers Captain Christian Allen with fellow striker Will Meredith were doing their level best to get their names on the score sheet as they battled hard against a resolute defence.

For Giants Grave midfielder Jamie Karnsang was pulling his teams strings as he probed for gaps in the home defence. Rangers Nicholas Mooney, Liam Brown and Luc Blackmore stood firm and with teammates Craig Spring and Jordan Lloyd- Evans providing the outlets for counter attacks.

Rangers won a corner in the 70th minute and fullback Jordan Lloyd- Evans left his position to go across to the opposite side to take the corner kick. Jordan took an in-swinger corner which sailed over the heads of everyone and went directly into the roof of the net at the far post. This was no fluke as Jordan had demonstrated that he had this in his locker.

Both sides continued to probe each other’s defences but the game ended in a draw.

Both may look at the half chances they created which could have turned the draw into a win.

Another highly entertaining game and Mumbles Rangers maintain their unbeaten tag in this season’s West Wales Premier League.