Home » TNS miss chance to go top after being held by Caernarfon
Football Sport

TNS miss chance to go top after being held by Caernarfon

Photo by Brian Jones

THE NEW SAINTS and Caernarfon Town played out a goalless draw on Tuesday night (Apr 27) but it could have been much different for the hosts had they not missed a penalty.

Draper’s miss was his second penalty miss in as many games after he saw one saved in the defeat to Connah’s Quay Nomads.

Anthony Limbrick would have hoped for a response from his side as they came up against a Caernarfon side who had not won a game since March 27 and were on a 6-game losing run.

The hosts had plenty of chances aside from Draper’s spot kick and will feel they should have won the game.

They thought they had taken the lead with only three minutes on the clock as Danny Redmond crossed for Greg Draper who put the ball in the net but the goal was ruled out for an offside.

Sion Bradley looked to get the visitors into the lead but he saw his shot blocked by the TNS defenders.

The home side continued to put good balls into the box but were unable to really test Caernarfon keeper Lewis Brass.

With half time approaching the visitors appealed for a penalty as Jake Bickerstaff went down under pressure from Redmond but the referee waved away the appeals.

The chances continued at the start of the second half as Keston Davies’ close range header was saved by Brass.

Ryan Harrington was next to have a go but he curled an effort just over the bar.

online casinos UK

Ryan Brobbel also came close before Louis Robles had the best chance of the game so far but he saw his effort cleared off the line.

Mike Hayes had a chance for Caernarfon soon after but he sent his header over the bar.

With fifteen minutes to go TNS were awarded a penalty after a foul by Gruffydd John who subsequently saw red for his challenge.

Having had one saved on Saturday, this time Draper sent his penalty wide and the score remained at 0-0.

Redmond had another chance for the host as he cut inside but his shot was saved by Brass.

As the game entered injury time, things were to get worse for the visitors as Jack Kenny was shown a second yellow and he was sent off for an early bath.

TNS continued to pepper the Caernarfon goal and they thought they had scored two minutes into injury time.

Sub Adam Roscrow then forced a save from Brass but the hosts were unable to find a goal as the visitors held on for the draw.