AN AMBER weather warning for rain with risk of flooding has been issued by the Met Office for Ceredigion.
The amber weather warning is in place from Friday, 19 February 2021, until Saturday, 20 February 2021.
Heavy, persistent rainfall is expected to result in some flooding and disruption to transport and utilities.
Flood alerts for Ceredigion Rivers have already been issued by Natural Resources Wales. It is likely that some of these, particularly in the Mid and South of the County will be increased to Flood Warnings with a potential for some Severe Flood Warnings.
This could impact property near the rivers, as well as bridges crossing the rivers resulting in potential road closures.
Visit the Met Office website, https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/, for updates on the weather situation, or Natural Resources Wales website, https://naturalresources.wales/?lang=en, to see which weather warnings are in force.
Any further updates will be updated here on this page: https://www.ceredigion.gov.uk/resident/news/amber-weather-warning-for-rain-and-risk-of-flooding/
- Levelling up goes into reverse by Jon Coles
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Dedicated manager Wayne in line to be honoured at social care Oscars by Cerys Lafferty
- Breaking records: The life and death of John Godfrey Parry-Thomas by Doug Evans
- Star Wars: Why the Millennium Falcon was built here in Wales by Doug Evans
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- The Welsh captain and the Italian revolutionary by Elfed Jones