CEREDIGION Liberal Democrats hosted former Scottish Secretary Alistair Carmichael MP last week for a virtual evening tasting some of the county’s best locally-produced drinks.
Mr Carmichael joined local Senedd candidate Cadan ap Tomos and Liberal Democrat supporters from Ceredigion and across the UK for an online spirits tasting event on 6th February.
On the menu were gins and whiskies produced by Ceredigion distilleries In the Welsh Wind and Dà Mhìle, along with local tonic water from Llanllyr Source.
Following the event, Ceredigion Lib Dem Senedd candidate Cadan ap Tomos said: “We have so much fantastic food and drink produced here in Ceredigion, and I’m glad to have been able to showcase just some of the best to fellow Liberal Democrats across the UK.
“Ceredigion is proudly represented in the growing Welsh spirits sector by these two brilliant distilleries – and having spent an evening tasting some of what they have to offer, I can see why!”
Liberal Democrat MP Alistair Carmichael added: “Dà Mhìle and In the Welsh Wind are right to be proud of their produce – they certainly made for a very enjoyable evening. I’m no stranger when it comes to whisky, but tasting gins was a new and interesting experience for me.
“Throughout the evening I could see Cadan’s passion for local produce and supporting the businesses that make them. I know supporting the local economy will be top of his list if he becomes Ceredigion’s next Senedd Member.”
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- FIM World Supercross Championships set to roar into Cardiff by James Hemingray
- Indigo Premiership fixtures released for 2022/23 season by James Hemingray
- Swansea Building Society marks milestone by donating to food banks by Cerys Lafferty