Home » Paul Davies supports Carbon Monoxide Week
News

Paul Davies supports Carbon Monoxide Week

paul daviesLOCAL ASSEMBLY Member Paul Davies is supporting the 8th National Carbon Monoxide Awareness week starting on Monday November 18 2013.

CO awareness was set up seven years ago to provide support to those poisoned by carbon monoxide and raise awareness about the dangers.

Mr Davies said, “I’m pleased to support this important campaign. I would like to urge the people of Pembrokeshire to consider checking and making sure that their appliances have been properly serviced and that they have a working carbon monoxide smoke alarm on their premises. People can buy an alarm from around £15 at DIY stores, supermarkets, or even from energy suppliers. It’s a small price to pay to avoid such tragic circumstances.”

Lynn Griffiths, the founder of the Carbon Monoxide Awareness charity said “It is shocking that despite living in the ‘information age’ people still don’t realise that carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless highly toxic gas that is produced by the incomplete combustion of any hydrocarbon fuel e.g. coal, charcoal, wood, oil, petrol, diesel, natural gas and liquid petroleum gas (LPG). They still seem to believe that it’s produced by just the incomplete combustion of “natural gas” and if they don’t use natural gas or have a gas boiler they are totally safe. This just isn’t true. Please don’t let someone you love or someone in your community fall victim to this silent killer”