Home » Two rescued after gas explosion
News

Two rescued after gas explosion

Mid-and-West-Wales-Fire-and-Rescue-service1A WOMAN and a child have been taken to hospital in Carmarthen after a cooker triggered a gas explosion at their home in near St Clears. The force of the blast caused the windows to be blown out of the house on the A477 between St Clears and Llanddowror at on Sunday morning (Dec 28) The two injured persons were treated by emergency crews at the scene, near the Savoy Country Inn, but taken to hospital as a precaution. Firefighter Owens said: “There has been a big explosion.

Two people have gone to hospital for precautionary checks, and we are now investigating.” A spokeswoman from Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescue Service told The Herald: “We were called to a gas explosion at the property which blew out the windows of the property but all persons were accounted for. “There was a small fire on the ground floor as well. The gas has been isolated. Two persons were treated at the scene by ambulance.”