Arrest confirmed following death of girl, 15, at North Wales holiday park
A TEENAGE girl has died following a “domestic disturbance” at a holiday park, police in North Wales have confirmed.
The force told Herald.Wales that a 19-year-old man had been arrested following a “serious” incident at Ty Mawr Holiday Park, near Abergele, on Saturday.
Detective Superintendent Mark Pierce said it was a “tragic but isolated incident involving a 15-year old girl”.
“Our thoughts are with the family who are being supported by specially trained officers at this time,” he said.
A manager at the park in the county of Conwy said they were “shocked and saddened by this tragic incident” that took place inside a caravan “which is now a crime scene”.
Detective Superintendent Pierce added: “We would like to thank the staff and management of Ty Mawr, and members of the public both locally and those holidaying, for their support whilst we carry out our investigations.
“Our thoughts are with the family who are being supported by specially trained officers at this time.”
- Boss of organised crime group arrested by NCA cops in Wales by Carli Newell
- Mum of murdered soldier Lee Rigby launches charity in Wales by Cerys Lafferty
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- 13-year-old boy has died after swimming in River Tawe￼ by Carli Newell
- Travelodge partners with BHF to pilot innovative 15-minute CPR training tool by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- In It Together Festival: First wave of event line-up announced by Luke Sinclair
- Top bakery on a roll with 100 jobs on offer thanks to new £16m production line by Carli Newell