DENBIGHSHIRE County Council has started the process of administering the latest business grant on behalf of the Welsh Government.
On March 12 the First Minister announced a new grant for those within the hospitality, tourism, leisure sector, and related supply chain, as part of the ongoing support during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Businesses within these sectors, such as pubs, restaurants, self-catering accommodation, hotels and cafes are to be given an automatic payment, where they are still in operation and have previously received a restrictions fund grant.
This grant is only for businesses who are on the Rating List and liable to pay Business Rates to the Council.
Organisations that have not previously applied, must complete an application form by 5pm on March 31, 2021.
For further details of the funding available or to apply for grants visit www.denbighshire.gov.uk/coronavirus
Cllr Hugh Evans OBE, Leader of Denbighshire County Council, said: “We are again encouraging businesses to apply for the funding being made available by Welsh Government.
“It is vital businesses in the county apply for this funding to ensure they are getting all the support that is available to them which helps protect jobs and the economy in Denbighshire.”
Cllr Julian Thompson-Hill, Lead Member for Finance, Performance and Strategic Assets, said: “We hope to have all automatic payments complete by March 22, subject to final guidance and approval from Welsh Government.”
- Boss of organised crime group arrested by NCA cops in Wales by Carli Newell
- Mum of murdered soldier Lee Rigby launches charity in Wales by Cerys Lafferty
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Travelodge partners with BHF to pilot innovative 15-minute CPR training tool by Cerys Lafferty
- Top bakery on a roll with 100 jobs on offer thanks to new £16m production line by Carli Newell
- VIP pupils say makeover at old school is class act by Carli Newell
- Four children hospitalised after being hit by school bus, three flown by helicopter by Carli Newell