The COACH House at Llanrhaeadr Hall could soon be transformed into holiday accommodation and a spa.
A Ms S.Brice has applied to Denbighshire County Council’s planning committee, seeking permission to transform the 250-year-old building at Pentre Llanrhaeadr Crossroads.
The grade-II listed building is currently unoccupied and has been for some years. Although the applicant seeks a change of use for the building, Ms Brice states in her application that the last use of the building is unknown.
As the building is listed with Welsh Heritage Guardians CADW, two separate planning applications have been submitted, one for a change of use and another for a listed building.
According to the planning application, the development would create one full-time job or two part-time positions.
The limestone building is described as a stable and coach house, dating back to the late 18th Century, which was built for Richard Parry Esq., High Sheriff of Denbighshire in 1775, as part of a general remodelling of the hall and its outbuildings.
The application states: “Its reason for listing is its special interest as a fine and ambitious 1770s stable block, associated with the contemporary remodelling of Llanrhaeadr Hall.”
“Following the restoration and improvement works to the building generally, it will be suitable for its proposed use as a large single holiday let. The proposals have no impact on the listed building or its setting and can be appreciated through historical maps and general archives.”
The application concludes: “Llanrhaeadr is in the heart of Denbighshire’s countryside and, with the proposed internal remodelling, will offer suitable large holiday letting for those who want to visit the North Wales countryside. In addition to this, the proposal will allow for suitable local employment and also assist with the local economy generally.”
The planning application will be debated by councillors at a future Denbighshire County Council planning committee meeting.