Man charged with murder following death of 27-year-old mum
A MAN has been charged with murder after mum-of-four Jade Ward was found dead.
The body of Jade Ward, 27, was discovered at a property in Shotton, Flintshire on Thursday August 26.
Ex-husband, Russell Norman James Marsh, 29 of Chevrons Road, Shotton, appeared in court on Monday 30 August after being charged with her murder following an incident on Thursday on the same road.
A statement from North Wales Police said: “Officers investigating an incident in Shotton in the early hours of Thursday, in which 27-year-old Jade Ward died, have charged a man with murder.
“Russell Norman James Marsh, 29, of Chevrons Road , Shotton has been remanded in custody and will appear before magistrates on Monday.”
Marsh, represented by solicitor Nick Cross, was remanded in custody by a special court at Mold.
He spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth during a hearing which lasted a minute. He was dressed in a grey sweatshirt and tracksuit bottoms in the dock and accompanied by a security guard.
The magistrates’ chairwoman said he would appear at Mold crown court on Wednesday. The prosecution was represented by solicitor Adam Warner.
Detective Chief Inspector Jon Salisbury-Jones added: “I would like to thank the local community for all the valuable assistance they have provided.
“If anyone has any information that will help us in our investigation, they should contact us via our live webchat or on 101, quoting reference 21000594238.”
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Twin Town cast reunites for new film shot in Wales by Cerys Lafferty
- People line street for funeral of convicted murderer by Cerys Lafferty
- Operation Seal Bay: The full story of one of Wales’ biggest drug busts by Doug Evans
- Doubts surface over Cooper convictions by Andy Chandler
- Police and Crime Commissioner chooses ex-top cop as deputy by Carli Newell
- FAW Trophy Round 3 preview by James Hemingray
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans