Warning issued after hairdryer blaze destroys Pwllheli bungalow
NORTH WALES FIRE & RESCUE SERVICE has tackled a fire at a bungalow on Lon Ceredigion, Pwllheli. The blaze was brought under control by around 18:30 HRS on Friday (Jun 18), a spokesman said.
The rescue service posted on Facebook saying: “Due to the severity of the fire and residual heat, it is likely there will be smoke emitting from the premises for several hours.”
Phorographs of the wrecked home were released by the authorities.
On Facebook NWF&RS said: “These are photos of the damage from the fire in Pwllheli this afternoon, thought to be caused by radiated heat from a hairdryer placed in a drawer. Thankfully no one was hurt.
“Please ensure that you allow any electrical appliances to cool down fully before storing them away.”
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Twin Town cast reunites for new film shot in Wales by Cerys Lafferty
- People line street for funeral of convicted murderer by Cerys Lafferty
- Operation Seal Bay: The full story of one of Wales’ biggest drug busts by Doug Evans
- Doubts surface over Cooper convictions by Andy Chandler
- Police and Crime Commissioner chooses ex-top cop as deputy by Carli Newell
- FAW Trophy Round 3 preview by James Hemingray
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans