A MAN has appeared in court accused of murdering his grandmother.
A hearing at Mold Crown Court on Monday (Sep 6) heard how 25-year-old Kyle Ellis has been charged with the murder of his 69-year-old grandmother.
The body of Susan Hannaby was discovered following a fire at a house in New Hall Road, Ruabon near Wrexham in February.
The address was also home to the defendant.
Ellis has been sent to hospital under section 35 of the Mental Health Act for psychiatric reports to be done.
A provisional date of March 28 has been set for the trial.
- Cwmgors seal first win by James Hemingray
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Appeal for witnesses after child sexually assaulted on train in Haverfordwest by Thomas Sinclair
- Ten-man Rangers hold on to win seven-goal thriller by James Hemingray
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Swansea entrepreneur swimming in success after launch of sustainable fashion label by Cerys Lafferty
- Top honour and emotional trip down memory lane for music festival boss by Carli Newell