Body found in Ebbw Vale following multi-agency race to Festival Park
GWENT Police have confirmed the body of a man has been found in Festival Park in Ebbw Vale.
Emergency services were called to the scene at approximately 7.50am on Tuesday, September 20 after reports that a man had been found unresponsive.
Officers attended the scene alongside firefighters from South Wales Fire and Rescue Service and paramedics from the Welsh Ambulance Service.
In a statement released by Gwent Police, the death is not being treated as suspicious.
The area – on Green Street in Blaenau Gwent – was cordoned off as emergency services conducted their investigation. It has been reopened since.
A spokesperson for Gwent Police said: “We were called to Green Street, Festival Park, Ebbw Vale, at around 7:50am on Tuesday 20 September following a report that a man had been found unresponsive.
“Officers attended along with firefighters from South Wales Fire and Rescue Service and Paramedics from the Welsh Ambulance Service, who confirmed that the man had died.
“Formal identification has not yet taken place, but the death is not being treated as suspicious. A report has been submitted to the coroner in relation to the death.”
- Narberth Athletic earn win over Carmarthen by James Hemingray
- Merlins Bridge seconds come from behind beat Carew seconds by James Hemingray
- The Welsh captain and the Italian revolutionary by Elfed Jones
- Rangers see off Port Talbot Town in FAW Trophy by James Hemingray
- Pennar edge past Saints for first win by James Hemingray
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Top of the table clash between Crymych and Felinfoel ends all square by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans