OFFICERS assisting the coroner are appealing for witnesses and information after a report of a sudden death involving a 25-year-old quad biker on Saturday, January 8.
Police were called to Canterbury Road, Beaufort, Ebbw Vale at around 5.55pm on Saturday, after a man, who had been riding a quad bike, was found unresponsive by a member of the public on the cycle path running between Beaufort and Nantyglo.
Officers attended along with personnel from the Wales Air Ambulance and Welsh Ambulance Service, and a doctor from the Emergency Medical Retrieval and Transfer Service (EMRTS) confirmed a 25-year-old man from the Ebbw Vale area had died.
His next of kin have been informed and are receiving support from specialist officers.
The death is not being treated as suspicious at this time and a report has been submitted to the coroner in relation to the death.
To assist the coroner, we’re appealing for any witness or anyone with CCTV or dashcam footage in Canterbury Road between 5pm and 6pm to get in touch with us, by calling 101 or sending us a direct message on social media, quoting log reference 2200008080.
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Welsh Government to help those in rent arrears by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- WRU announce first ever women’s professional rugby players by Owen Harries
- The Roswelsh Incident: What exactly happened in the Berwyn Mountains? by Doug Evans
- Flights return to Covid-hit Cardiff Airport but Qatar route still stalled by Thomas Sinclair
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- The forgotten Welsh Christmas Tradition – Mari Lwyd by Cerys Lafferty