All adults in Bridgend county borough have now been sent coronavirus vaccine invitation letters with 60,000 people already fully vaccinated.
Welsh Government announced on Sunday, June 13, that every adult in Wales had been offered their first dose of the vaccine, six weeks ahead of schedule.
Within the Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board region, all first dose appointment letters have now gone out. However, people will not have received a vaccination appointment if their contact details at their GP surgery is out of date.
If you think you have been missed you can contact the health board’s vaccination advice line on 01685 726464 or by emailing on [email protected]
CTM University Health Board’s deputy director of planning and partnerships Clare Williams said: “We remain determined that nobody in the region is left behind. With this in mind, we are asking anyone aged 30-49 to contact us if you have not had your first dose or an appointment booked.
“This includes anyone who may have declined our original offer of a vaccine but has since decided to have it. If the above applies to you, please give our team a call on 01443 281 163 – and select option three. A member of the team will be happy to help and get you booked in.
“Just over 70 per cent of 40-49 year olds have had their first dose, and 67 per cent of 30-39 year olds have had their first dose, so we know there are still people to come forward. Please get in touch with us so we can get you protected.”
Health Minister Eluned Morgan said: “Wales is leading the world when it comes to the percentage of our population who have been vaccinated.
“I’m delighted that we have reached the milestone of offering all eligible adults their first dose – six weeks ahead of schedule. This is a remarkable achievement and I want to thank everyone involved for their incredible efforts.
“However, we are not being complacent – I want to encourage younger adults to take up this offer of the vaccine and we don’t want to see anyone left behind.
“We are keen to see 18 to 39-year-olds vaccinated and hope to reach our milestone of 75 per cent take-up in this age group by the end of this month. Please take up your vaccine appointment; it offers protection to you, your loved ones and your communities and it is our best route out of the pandemic.”
Bridgend County Borough Council leader Huw David said: “A huge thank you to all those involved in the vaccination programme – to have reached this milestone where all adults have now been offered the vaccine several weeks ahead of schedule demonstrates the exceptional work that’s been going on over the last few months.
“In total, the number of first and second doses in the county borough is now more than 160,000.
“Having the vaccine helps to protect you, your family and friends and wider community – please get in touch with the health board if you think you’ve been missed or have now decided to have it. And if you can’t attend, contact the health board to rearrange so no dose is wasted.”