Police still on the scene of a fatal house fire in Bridgend
SOUTH WALES POLICE is currently in attendance at Nolton Street, Bridgend following a fatal house fire which was reported at approximately 9.15pm on Tuesday, 30th March, 2021.
One person has died and their family is aware and being supported.
Nolton Street remains closed and a police cordon has been set up outside the premises.
Work continuing at the scene to establish cause of fire
Extensive damage has been caused to the building, and neighbouring properties affected by the fire had to be evacuated, but nobody else was injured.
Detective Chief Inspector Sarah Lewis, said: “This tragic incident is extremely distressing for the family involved who are being supported by us.
“Our examinations are continuing at the scene as we try to establish how the fire started.
“There is nothing at this stage to suggest the fire was deliberate, however until our investigations are complete we cannot rule anything out at this time.
“We are working as quickly as we can to establish the circumstances.”
Anybody who was in the area at the time is urged to contact 101 and give reference *110574
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- Wrexham complete first summer signing by James Hemingray
- Indigo Premiership fixtures released for 2022/23 season by James Hemingray
- Swansea Building Society marks milestone by donating to food banks by Cerys Lafferty