DETECTIVES investigating the death of two-year-old Reid Steele have today (August 18) charged a woman from Bridgend with murder.
Natalie Steele, 31, of Broadlands will appear before Cardiff Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, 18 August, 2021.
Senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Matt Davies, said: “This is a harrowing case for all concerned and my thoughts go out to Reid’s family who continue to be supported by specially trained officers.
“Legal proceedings are now live, and whilst I appreciate there are concerns in the community, I would urge people to refrain from speculating on social media. Our investigation continues and anybody who thinks they may have relevant information is urged to make contact. The family respectfully ask to be left to grieve at this very difficult time.”
His family have paid the following tribute to him:
“He was a super, super-happy, gorgeous, wonderful and intelligent little boy who lit up everyone’s lives. He loved the garden and the beach, picking raspberries and going for walks collecting shells. He was a very chatty little boy and would happily speak to anyone.”
Contact can be made with South Wales Police by any of the following means:
Give ref: 282674
Send us a private message on Facebook/Twitter
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Welsh Government paid £1m over asking price for farm by Jon Coles
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- FIM World Supercross Championships set to roar into Cardiff by James Hemingray
- Warning of serious disruption on M4 and M5 today due to fuel prices protest by heraldwales
- A Big Wild Summer with RSPB Cymru by Cerys Lafferty