A CAERPHILLY man has been jailed after being convicted of a drug offence.
Gareth Grant pled guilty to possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply – class A cocaine.
The 36-year-old was sentenced to 32 months at Cardiff Crown Court on Monday 7 June.
Detective Constable James Pottinger, who led the investigation, said: “Grant was arrested after a large amount of cocaine was discovered in February 2019.
“His prison sentence is the result of a lengthy and thorough investigation that prevented a significant amount of drugs ending up in our communities.
“I’d like to thank the public for their continued support and help in tackling this type of crime.
“Anyone with any information about people involved in illegal drug activity can call us on 101 or direct message us on Facebook or Twitter. You can also call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- Welsh Government relaxes self-isolation for fully-vaccinated adults by Jon Coles
- Welsh councils plunged into housing crisis chaos by Jon Coles
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Prif lwybr i filiwn o siaradwyr Cymraeg mewn perygl o ddirywiad terfynol, meddai’r Ceidwadwyr by Carli Newell
- Main route to one million Welsh speakers in danger of terminal decline, says Conservative by Carli Newell
- Llangolman: Police refuse to release info by Andy Chandler
- Plato’s Theory of Empathy by Jon Coles
- The Scoveston Murders: Following the tracks by Andy Chandler