A 19-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested in connection with a serious sexual assault in Cardiff city centre.
The man, from Penylan, was arrested earlier this evening and remains in police custody.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the incident which happened in the vicinity of Sandon Street and Adam Street shortly before 11pm last night (Saturday, September 18).
A South Wales Police spokesperson said: “A 16-year-old girl has been released from the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, following treatment and continues to be supported by her family and specially-trained officers.
“We wish to thank those who have already assisted in the investigation, particularly in relation to providing CCTV footage, and also the local community for their co-operation while police cordons were in place.
“These cordons have now been lifted but extensive enquiries are continuing.
“Anyone with information can contact South Wales Police quoting occurrence number *330151.”
Go to: https://bit.ly/SWPProvideInfo
Send us a private message on Facebook/Twitter
Via email: SWP101@south-wales.police.uk
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Police say that new scientific evidence shows that David Morris was correctly convicted by Carli Newell
- Millions of illegal tobacco products seized as part of crackdown on illicit tobacco trade by Cerys Lafferty
- Judges sing praises of tech savvy music cooperative by Carli Newell
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- University gains double recognition for its outstanding green spaces by Cerys Lafferty
- Swansea teenager, who took up art during lockdown, sells work for thousands by Andy Chandler
- Apprenticeships key to growth of award-winning North Wales business by Cerys Lafferty