Emergency crews dealing with ‘large grass fire’ in Cimla area of Neath
FIREFIGHTERS are at the scene of a large fire in a residential street near Neath.
The incident is being described as a large grass fire.
Emergency services including police and the fire service were called to the scene on Thursday (Apr 22), just before 3pm.
The police and fire service have confirmed they are in attendance at the incident.
A spokesman for Mid and West Wales Fire and Rescure Service said: “Crews from Morriston and Pontardawe are currently in attendance of a garden fire in the Cimla area, Neath.
“Joint fire control received the first call at 2.44pm today . The incident is currently ongoing.”
A spokeswoman from South Wales police said: “South Wales Police was called at 2.56pm today with a report of a large garden fire in Beacons View.
“The incident is ongoing.”
- Appeal for witnesses after child sexually assaulted on train in Haverfordwest by Thomas Sinclair
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales Six Nations tickets on public sale from September 30 by James Hemingray
- WG must balance farming priorities by Jon Coles
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Trussonomics = Thatcherism 2.0 by Jon Coles
- Welsh farmer-owned creamery on top of the world after golden hat-trick by Jon Coles
- Royal symbols that will need to change now Charles is King by Cerys Lafferty