Family of a 58-year-old man who died after a road traffic collision have paid tribute
THE FAMILY of a 58-year-old man who died after a road traffic collision in Resolven have paid tribute to him.
Peter Williams, was riding his motorcycle when a collision occurred with a Dacia Sandero car on Glyn Neath Road, Resolven shortly before 10.40am on 29th August. He died on 16th September 2021.
Mr Williams’ daughter, Zara and son, Adam have paid tribute to him:
“How do we even begin to explain in words the immeasurable loss and depth of sorrow that we are feeling with the loss of our Dad.
“To say we are devastated just doesn’t seem to be sufficient but it is clear our lives will never be the same.
“We have lost our Dad, but he was a son, brother, grandfather and friend to so many people and his death will be felt right throughout the community.
“He spent over 40 years of his life building up a family joinery business and became a legend in this field.
“He became the person everyone went to for help and guidance. He loved fishing and motorcycling, and we find a measure of comfort in knowing he died doing something he loved.
“We know he is gone but we still feel his presence everywhere. His passion for life earnt him the label of ‘Peter Pan’ as he was so young at heart and embraced all that life offered.
“We will miss you Dad.
“As a family can we take this opportunity to thank all the emergency services at the scene and all the staff at the hospital who tried their very best to help him.”
If anybody witnessed the collision or has dash-cam footage, please contact us quoting occurrence 2100304215.
Send us a private message on Facebook/Twitter
Via email: SWP101@south-wales.police.uk
- Wales name team for first Test match against South Africa by James Hemingray
- Award-winning dairy farmer endorses value of apprenticeships by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Life sentences handed to trio for murder of Logan Mwangi by Carli Newell
- Man jailed after threatening victims with lighter shaped as a handgun by Cerys Lafferty
- “Bashing elbows and swearing at 60km-an-hour” – dark horse Thomas ready for Le Tour by James Hemingray
- Knauf announces new factory plans by Cerys Lafferty