AS CHRISTMAS approaches, Monmouthshire County Council has published the seasonal opening hours and service updates for recycling and waste, leisure centres, Community Hubs and libraries, as well as museums.
All recycling and waste collections in Monmouthshire will be made a day later than normal on the week commencing 26th December, while the following week all collections will remain on the normal days of the week.
The county’s household recycling centres at Llanfoist, Mitchel Troy and Five Lanes, will be open on Christmas Eve between 8am and 2pm, after which they will remain closed until 27th December. They will then close on New Year’s Day. Visits to the recycling centres can be booked on the Council’s website: www.monmouthshire.gov.uk/recycling-and-waste/
- The ReUse Shops are closed from 22nd December, reopening at Llanfoist recycling centre on 17th January, and at Fives Lanes recycling centre on 18th January (both 10am to 3pm).
- Meanwhile, Abergavenny Market will The market building will building will be closed from Christmas Day, reopening on Friday 30th and Saturday 31st December. It will then be closed until Tuesday 3rd January. & Sat 31st Dec.
- The Community Hubs in Abergavenny, Chepstow, Gilwern, Monmouth and Usk have varying opening times as below. For more information visit www.monmouthshire.gov.uk/community-hubs-and-libraries/community-hubs-opening-hours/
- Abergavenny Library Building is open 9am-1pm on Christmas Eve (library only), then closed until 29th December, when then library and Community Hub it is open 9am-1pm and 2pm-5pm. Open Friday 30th December 9am-1pm and 2pm-4.30pm. The library only is then open on New Year’s Eve 9am-1pm. The library and Community Hub both reopen on 3rd January.
- Gilwern Community Hub is open on Friday 23rd December 10am-1pm and 1.30pm-5pm, then closed until 30th December when it is open 10am-1pm and 1.30pm-5pm. Gilwen Community Hub is then closed until 3rd January.
- Chepstow Community Hub is open 10am-1pm on Christmas Eve, then closed until Thursday 29th December when it is open between 9am and 5pm. On New Year’s eve it will close at 1pm, reopening at 9am on Tuesday 3rd January.
- Usk Community Hub closes on Christmas Eve at 12.45pm, reopening on Thursday 29th December at 9am. Closed all day 30th December. Open 9am-12.45pm on New Year’s Eve, then closed until Wednesday 4th January at 9am.
- Monmouth Community Hub is open on Christmas Eve between 9am and 1pm, but is then closed until Friday 30th December when it is open 8.45am-1pm, 2pm-4.30pm. It’s also open on Saturday 31st December 9am-1pm, then closed until 3rd January.
- Caldicot Castle and Country Park, and Tintern Old Station is closed until 1st April 2023.
- Tourist Information Centres and Monmouth’s Shire Hall are closed from 4.30pm on Friday 23rd December until Tuesday 3rd January.
- All Monmouthshire museums are closed from Monday 19tth December until Friday 17th February 2023.
- The leisure centres in Abergavenny, Caldicot, Chepstow, and Monmouth will close at 2.30pm and reopen on Thursday 29th December. On New Year’s Eve, the opening hours are 8.15am-2.30pm, then closed until Tuesday 3rd January.
Monmouthshire County Council’s Contact Centre will close at 4.30pm on Friday 23rd December. It will be closed between Monday 26th and Wednesday 28th December, reopening at 9am on Thursday 29th December. It will be closed on Monday 2nd January for the New Year Bank Holiday. The MyMonmouthshire app will still be available.