One person in hospital following early morning motorway crash
THE M4 has reopened following a serious crash which saw it closed in both directions near Bridgend this morning (Oct 26).
The collision on the eastbound side at Junction 26, involved a car and a motorbike around 7.30am this morning, has seen one person taken to hospital.
Both lanes were closed to allow for the Air Ambulance to land.
One person was treated for their injuries at the scene and has been taken to University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff for further treatment.
An Air Ambulance spokesperson said: “I can confirm that Wales Air Ambulance attended an incident near Bridgend this morning (26/10/21).
“Our Dafen-based crew were mobile at 08:26. Following treatment at the scene, our medics escorted the patient in a road ambulance to the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff.
“Our involvement concluded at 09:40.”
At the time of the incident, a South Wales Police spokesperson said: “We are at the scene of a road traffic collision between a car and a motorcycle on th M4 between J35 and J36, Bridgend.
“The road is currently closed in both directions and motorists are advised to avoid the area and use alternative routes where possible.”
Police have confirmed that the road has now reopened and thanked motorists for their patience.
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales U20 name side to face Italy in group decider by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- A Big Wild Summer with RSPB Cymru by Cerys Lafferty
- Abergeirw: The last village in Wales to get electricity by Doug Evans
- Two Welsh Ambulance staff cycling from Cardiff to Paris by James Hemingray
- Star Wars: Why the Millennium Falcon was built here in Wales by Doug Evans
- Premier League clubs RANKED by popularity across social media by Owen Harries