Protest gathers in Cardiff against Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill
A LARGE crowd has gathered outside Cardiff Bay Police station in a protest against Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill, and for victims of violence against women and police brutality.
The scenes echo those in Parliament Square London.
18:41 HRS – Protesters have just blocked the road outside the police station.
18: 49 HRS – The crowd is now chanting ‘who’s streets, our streets’ and holding signs against Home Secretary Priti Patel.
18: 51 HRS – They are also chanting: ‘say her name: Sarah Everard.’ This is a large and angry protest.
19:01 HRS – An explosion of cheering erupts after crowds successfully occupy the streets.
THIS IS AN UPDATING STORY – MORE TO FOLLOW
(Images and additional reporting courtesy Voice.wales)
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Gerwyn Price defeated by Brendan Dolan, knocked out of the 2021 Players Championship Finals – Jonny Clayton wins and advances to quarter finals by Owen Harries
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Wales face Austria in Path A Semi Final – World Cup Qatar 2022 Play-offs by Owen Harries
- Madoc: The Welshman who found America 300 years before Columbus by Doug Evans
- Tennis: The sport first played in Wales by Doug Evans
- Local crime busters urged to apply for “Robin Hood” cash by Carli Newell