Scott Thomas and Matthew Goodman ran 13-miles to raise money for Glangwili Hospital
The dialysis unit in Glangwili Hospital will receive £375 in loving memory of patient Frank Cheeseman.
That’s thanks to good friends Scott Thomas and Matthew Goodman who took on the Llanelli Half Marathon last October and raised £375.
The pair took on the 13-mile race on 31st October 2021 in memory of Thomas’ father-in-law Frank Cheeseman who sadly passed during the pandemic.
Cheeseman was a pillar of strength to his family, supporting them through sickness and health. At the age of 79, Frank walked 5K to help raise funds for Crohn’s and colitis services.
Frank received exceptional care from the staff in the Dialysis Unit in Glangwili Hospital during his time there.
Scott decided to raise funds for the unit to thank them for the dedication and love they give to their patients, especially his father-in-law.
Scott said: “It was a pleasure raising this money for the dialysis unit as they did so much for my father-in-law in the last few months of his life.”
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Wales denied at the death in heart-breaking defeat by James Hemingray
- Protests planned for Monday on M4 by Carli Newell
- Premier League clubs RANKED by popularity across social media by Owen Harries
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Watch highlights of Wales’ summer tour of South Africa on S4C by James Hemingray
- Wales name team for first Test match against South Africa by James Hemingray