Street closed as two men in pants cause chaos on pub roof
SOUTH WALES POLICE are dealing with an “ongoing incident” in Aberdare after two men have climbed onto a pub roof smashing tiles.
A street cordon is currently in place outside The Prince of Wales pub, Trafalgar Square in Aberdare while the police deal with two topless men who have climbed on the pub roof.
A number of police officers are in attendance at the scene.
Witnesses in the area have said the men, who are wearing only pants, were seen ripping roof tiles off and smashing them.
South Wales police have confirmed the incident is “ongoing” and that negotiations have begun.
Adding that there is “no immediate threat” and that crowd control is currently in place at the scene as a precaution.
More to follow….
- Wales make one change for second South Africa test by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Positive chain reaction for young people thanks to new bike scheme by Carli Newell
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- No-nonsense investing app launches myth-busting ‘Investing Truth or Scare’ quiz by Cerys Lafferty
- Star Wars: Why the Millennium Falcon was built here in Wales by Doug Evans
- Boris Johnson expected to resign as Prime Minister today by Cerys Lafferty
- WG announces Sustainable Farming Scheme by Cerys Lafferty