Two adults and boy, 13, arrested for murder over child’s river death
SOUTH WALES POLICE have confirmed the arrest of two adults and a 13-year-old boy on suspicion of murder following the death of a five-year-old boy.
The body of the child was found in the Ogmore River near Pandy Park, Bridgend, in the early hours of Saturday.
The police said a 39-year-old man, a 30-year-old woman and the teenage boy, had been arrested.
A spokesman cofirmed to Herald.Wales that it was “not looking for anyone else in relation to this incident”.
The boy’s body was discovered following reports of concerns for a missing five-year-old boy in the Sarn area of Bridgend at 05:45 BST on Saturday, police said.
The boy was found in the river and taken to Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend where it was confirmed he had died.
His family was being supported by specially trained officers, police said earlier.
- Wales make one change for second South Africa test by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- No-nonsense investing app launches myth-busting ‘Investing Truth or Scare’ quiz by Cerys Lafferty
- WG announces Sustainable Farming Scheme by Cerys Lafferty
- Boris Johnson expected to resign as Prime Minister today by Cerys Lafferty
- Premier League clubs RANKED by popularity across social media by Owen Harries
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans