ABERYSTWYTH Town continued their fine form on Good Friday at Park Avenue with a convincing 6-0 victory over luckless Cefn Druids.

Lee Jenkins opened the scoring for the second Saturday running on 29 minutes, and after visiting keeper Mike Jones was sent off, Steff Davies doubled the lead seven minutes later.

Louis Bradford headed home two minutes into injury time, then two minutes after the break John Owen made it four with a stunner. Two minutes after that Davies headed home his second, and finally Alex Darlington bagged Aber’s sixth goal a minute before time.

This was a must win game for different reasons and on a pleasant day Druids’ young side were under pressure from the start. Davies sent a flying header over the bar from Matty Jones’ cross, Owen had a shot blocked and Harry Franklin tapped wide.

Bradford headed wide from Jamie Veale’s corner and Ben Wynne was next to go close with a volley.

Owen hit the post with a low shot, and in an increasingly frustrating watch for home supporters Franklin headed wide from Matty Jones’ cross.

Then finally a Jones corner out on the right was flicked home by Jenkins, and things were looking up. Minutes later Franklin burst through and Cefn keeper Mike Jones prevented a definite goal by catching the ball outside the area – and was sent off.

From the resultant free kick Matty Jones hit the post and Davies pounced to snaffle another crucial goal for the Black and Greens.

Owen, Franklin and Matty Jones all went close, then in injury time came a third assist for Matty Jones, whose cross was back headed into the net by Bradford, to cap a thoroughly dominant performance.

The hosts made a great start to the second half as Bradford went on a swashbuckling run down the right, and his cross feel nicely for Owen to audaciously back heel into the net, for one of Park Avenue’s more precocious goals.

Ben Wynne then sent in a great cross which Davies headed home, and the game was done.

Franklin hit the side netting, and Davies headed wide before Antonio Corbisiero made five substitutions to rotate his squad, but Aber just kept on coming.

Darlington had a volley cleared and Jack Thorn volleyed over; Wynne fired over from Jamie Jones’ cross and stand in keeper Mitch Williams came out well to deny Owain Jones, and saved from Sam Phillips next.

Rhys Davies’ header was deflected for a corner, then at the other end sub Osian Williams had Cefn’s first attempt on target, but Gregor Zabret made a comfortable save.

Just before the end Wynne’s long throw fell for Darlington to pounce and score high up into the net, and there was still time for Phillips to go close with a deep cross and Owen Orford to test Williams again.