Ammanford v Carmarthen heads up double bill of JD Cymru South Easter action
FOOTBALL fans across Wales are in for a treat this Easter with matches on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
One of the standout ties of the weekend is the double-bill between Ammanford and Carmarthen Town.
Ammanford host the Old Gold at The Rec on Friday, April 15, with kick off at 7:30pm while the return fixture takes place just three days later, that game kicking off at 2.30pm.
It is the first meeting of the two sides since a Welsh Cup meeting in December 2017 which the Old Gold won by three goals to two.
This time around, league points are on offer and both will be looking for wins as they aim to finish their seasons on a high.
Ammanford go into the game unbeaten in four having most recently beaten Taffs Well 1-0 last Friday.
Carmarthen had to settle for a 1-1 draw in their last game against Risca United, while their previous game ended in a 4-0 success.
Elsewhere, JD Cymru South leaders Llantwit Major are at home to second from bottom Undy.
Pontypridd Town still hold hopes of catching Major and they face an away trip to fifth placed Cambrian and Clydach.
Third placed Briton Ferry Llansawel welcome Llanelli Town while Afan Lido host Port Talbot Town.
Goytre United host Trefelin BGC, Risca host Cwmbran Celtic and Taffs Well travel to Swansea University.
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Wales U20 name side to face Italy in group decider by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- A Big Wild Summer with RSPB Cymru by Cerys Lafferty
- Two Welsh Ambulance staff cycling from Cardiff to Paris by James Hemingray
- Star Wars: Why the Millennium Falcon was built here in Wales by Doug Evans
- Caerphilly Council launches advice pack to tackle empty properties by Cerys Lafferty
- Bydd cynllun y Cyngor i ehangu addysg ddwyieithog yn daith raddol dros 10 mlynedd by Cerys Lafferty