BALA TOWN were victorious on Friday night (Dec 17) as they beat Cefn Druids 5-3 in a festive cracker.

The Ancients led for the opening forty minutes having taken the lead through a brilliant Josef Faux goal from distance. Before Will Evans and Chris Venables turned around proceedings to give Bala the half-time lead.

Ollie Shannon then scored a minute after the break to start off an action-packed half as two opposition players were sent off in a scuffle a few minutes later.

Following that, Dave Edwards scored a brace, while Druids grabbed two consolation goals to bring an end to an entertaining encounter.

Druids took Bala by surprise in the opening five minutes when Faux gave his side the best start possible, as he opened the scoring with a stunning strike from 25 yards out.

The hosts then piled men in front of their goal to protect their lead in hope of pulling off a shock result. The longer the game went on the more likely the potential of this shock happening looked.

This caused the Lakesiders to grow frustrated with half-chances not going their way and Druids clinging onto their lead with half-time approaching.

With Michael Jones still yet to have been tested in the opposition’s net, Evans took matters into his own hands as he looked to catch the keeper off guard from distance. This is exactly what he managed when his effort beat the goalkeeper for power and pace to bring Bala level.

A quick turnaround was then complete only a minute later when Bala quickly got the ball into the opposition area with Venables left free to receive and slot home a Paul Rutherford assist.

Despite desperate calls for offside by the Ancients, the referee awarded the goal.

Following the break, Bala began where they left off as moments from kick-off Shannon found the top corner. A fantastic finish by the midfielder who was composed as he took the chance in the area to double Bala’s advantage.

It went from bad to worse for the hosts just before the hour mark when two of their players were sent-off following a scuffle on the touchline. Both Yalany Baio and Stefan Edwards were given their marching orders by the referee for apparent violent conduct.

Shortly after the mayhem, Edwards joined in on the action to give Bala a three-goal advantage as he rose highest to head home another Rutherford assist.

It appeared at this point that the hosts had given up hope of providing anything short of remarkable with the two sending offs leaving them little to no chance.

However, Liam Buckley did give his side hope of pulling off the impossible when the Bala backline appeared to switch off when a cross was delivered which Buckley was on the end of to drill home.

Danny Walker-Rice was off the bench not long after Druids scored their second and delivered the knockout blow when his delivery into the area found the back of the net.

His cross flying past Edwards and the goalkeeper, with a question as to whether the former Welsh international had made contact to collect a brace. But it was Walker-Rice’s delivery that had brought about the goal and no real worries to whose goal it actually was.

Again, the Ancients refused to be on the end of a hammering at The Rock as they cut the deficit a final time in the last minute. Somehow, Druids scoring another consolation goal with nine-men when Mitchell Williams, off the bench, found the back of the net. The 18-year-old appearing to run into Alex Ramsay before collecting the ball and placing it into the empty net to complete an eight-goal thriller at The Rock.