Behind the scenes with West Wales Raiders CEO Peter Tiffin
EACH week we will take a look at what’s going on at the West Wales Raiders (Welsh professional rugby league side) with an insight from the club’s CEO.
“After announcing another new addition last week to the coaching staff team in ex Crusaders player Geraint Davies this week our attention has moved on to sitting down with players and building our squad ready for the new season. Our opening fixture in the challenge cup is only 10 weeks away and with preseason beginning next week it’s going to be good to see the new staff implemented their ways early on.
“This week we visited our close partners at Ffos Las for their midweek race day and took along a few sponsors too come and enjoy the day with us, along with our visit to Ffos Las this Friday we have been asked to present an award at the Welsh horse racing awards at Chepstow racecourse which will be full of big names involved in the sport.
“The Raiders have had a partnership with Swansea University for 4 years and part of the partnership see’s myself coach their rugby league side and keep an eye out for any future talent that could progress with the Raiders, this week we had our second league fixture and defeated Exeter University to make it two wins out of two.
“Next week is an extremely busy one with more events from some of our partners and a big one for our ambassador Angelo Dragone.”
- Young rugby stars are riding crest of a wave by James Hemingray
- Up and coming Welsh Trance producer could take US by storm by Thomas Sinclair
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- Wales U20s side to face Italy announced by James Hemingray
- Marconi: worlds first radio message was sent in Wales by Doug Evans
- Paws for thought: Are there big cats roaming Wales? by Doug Evans
- My20 raises over £25,000 for Wales Air Ambulance Charity by Carli Newell
- Footage of rugby fans crammed onto train sparks calls for urgent action by Cerys Lafferty