ABERYSTYWTH TOWN proved too strong for Cefn Druids on Tuesday night as they ran away with a 5-1 win at Park Avenue.

Gavin Allen made a couple of changes coming into this match. Lee Jenkins returned from suspension and Owain Jones came into the starting 11 following his first goal in Black & Green on Friday night. Mathew Jones dropped out of the squad due to injury, whilst Jamie Reed started on the bench.

Cefn Druids were looking to stop a run of consecutive losses and started the brighter of the two teams. The Ancients 16 year old Centre Forward Bradley Knight did well to get on the end of a couple of crosses, with his headers narrowly going over the bar, whilst Lee Jenkins had to be at his best to clear off the line after 10 minutes from Josef Faux’s shot, after Knight had hit the bar.

On 20 minutes, Steven Hewitt, who has impressed in an unfamiliar right back role during the last three matches, took aim from 40 yards, but his ambitious shot went over Michael Jones crossbar.

Five minutes later, an excellent team move saw Aber take the lead. Jamie Veale found Marc Williams, and the Captains superb first time pass split the Druids defence and found Harry Franklin, who cut in on his right foot and found the far corner of the net. This was the Seasiders 4th goal against Druids in a week, and Marc Williams had contributed to all of them.

Aber had to make an enforced change in the aftermath of the game, as Lee Jenkins, who had earlier received treatment on an injury, was replaced by Ian Kearney who made his first appearance for the club.

On 35 minutes, it was Franklin who turned provider, setting up Owain Jones, who netted his second goal in as many games and gave Aber a 2-0 lead going into the break.

There were no changes for either side at half time and the second half started brightly, with both sides creating opportunities. Druids then found their way back into the match, as Josef Faux found Niall Flint who slotted home to half the deficit on 57 minutes.

The game continued at a good pace, but without any clear cut opportunities until 72 minutes when Marc Williams found Harry Franklin, whose shot was blocked. Druids continued to push for the equaliser and Connor Roberts saved from Charley Edge on 79 minutes.

On 82 minutes, Aber regained their two goal lead as Harry Franklin’s shot rebounded to Owain Jones, who made no mistake to register his third goal in two games. Gavin Allen then made a triple sub as double goalscorer Jones, Jamie Veale and Jonathan Evans were replaced by Jack Rimmer, Jon Owen and Jamie Reed.

It did not take Jamie Reed long to get involved in the action, as he drove into the Druids box and was fouled for a penalty. Reed took responsibility himself and fired the ball past Michael Jones for his third goal against his former club in a week.

Reed was again involved moments later, as again he ran at the Druids defence before unselfishly setting up Jon Owen, who made it 5-1 just before the full time whistle sounded.

The win means Aber stay in 9th place in the Cymru Premier, on 28 points from 28 games going into the final four matches of the season.