FA Cup Third-Round draw – Cardiff host Preston and Swansea welcome Southampton
The draw for the FA Cup third round was made on Monday evening that saw some interesting fixtures being made, including both Welsh teams playing at home as the Premier League and Championship sides enter the competition.
Swansea City host Southampton as they welcome the Saints to the Swansea.com stadium, formerly the Liberty. This will be both teams’ first match in the FA cup, as they enter the draw in the Third Round due to competition rules.
It’ll be the first time the teams have met since July 2021, where Southampton travelled to South Wales for a 3-1 victory over what was Steve Cooper’s side at the time.
Cardiff City welcome Preston North End to the Cardiff City stadium, also both teams’ first games of the competition.
The two sides have already met this season in the Championship – where Cardiff were victorious 2-1 in the trip to Lancashire.
In the other FA Cup Third-Round draws – Manchester United face Aston Villa, Manchester City travel to Swindon Town, Tottenham host Morecambe, Nottingham Forest welcome Arsenal and West Ham take on Leeds.
All matches are to take place on 8th January 2022.
To view the full list of fixtures, visit here
- Appeal for witnesses after child sexually assaulted on train in Haverfordwest by Thomas Sinclair
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- WG must balance farming priorities by Jon Coles
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Trussonomics = Thatcherism 2.0 by Jon Coles
- Wales Six Nations tickets on public sale from September 30 by James Hemingray
- Royal symbols that will need to change now Charles is King by Cerys Lafferty
- Welsh farmer-owned creamery on top of the world after golden hat-trick by Jon Coles