FORMER England and Glamorgan cricketer Simon Jones will play for Dafen in the 2022 cricket season after he agreed to join the club.
Jones, now 42, took 59 wickets in 18 tests for England and 267 wickets in 91 first class games in his career.
His best figures came in the 2005 Ashes series when he took 6-53 while he also took 6-45 for Glamorgan against Derbyshire in first class cricket.
Jones also had spells at Worcestershire and Hampshire towards the end of his career before returning for a final spell with Glamorgan.
He made his test debut for England in 2002 and he also played a handful of One Day Internationals.
Jones will bring his wealth of experience to a Dafen side that finished second in Division 1 of the South Wales Cricket Association this season.
Dafen posted on their Facebook page: “We are delighted to announce that former England, Glamorgan, Worcestershire and Hampshire cricketer, Simon Jones will be joining Dafen ahead of the 2022 season. Welcome home Simon!”
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Wales name team for first Test match against South Africa by James Hemingray
- Award-winning dairy farmer endorses value of apprenticeships by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Premier League clubs RANKED by popularity across social media by Owen Harries
- £8.5m Welsh Government investment in major new industrial scheme in Ebbw Vale by Cerys Lafferty
- Wales U20s dig deep to see off Georgia in Summer Series by James Hemingray
- Baldwin backing Wales to show some bite by James Hemingray