Gerwyn Price defeated by Brendan Dolan, knocked out of the 2021 Players Championship Finals – Jonny Clayton wins and advances to quarter finals
World No.1 and Welshman Gerwyn Price has been knocked out of this years Darts Players Championship Finals in the third round (RO 16) by Northern Irishman Brendon Dolan, with a score of 10-8.
It was a rough night for Price, having struggled with his darts throughout the game. Price was punished by Dolan after missing a total of 27 doubles, on which Dolan capitalised on.
The defeat comes after the Welshman’s victory earlier in the day over Martin Schindler, where he won 6-1 to establish his place in the evening matchup.
‘The Ferret’ Jonny Clayton, welsh teammate of Price, has landed a place in the quarter-finals after a thrilling victory over Luke Humphries in his third round match, ending 10-9.
Clayton was 8-4 ahead of the Englishmen before Humphries went and won 5 legs a row, giving him a 9-8 advantage with a match dart ahead of him. Luckily for our Welshman, Clayton pulled a leg back – making it 9-9 and winner takes all in the last leg.
Clayton checked out with a D5 to win the match with his last dart.
He will face Van der Voort in the quarter finals (RO 8).
- Rangers win in first Welsh League game by James Hemingray
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Tryweryn – The Welsh village flooded to supply an English city with water by Doug Evans
- New ward extension opens at Werndale Hospital by Cerys Lafferty
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- Hear ye, hear ye — Victorian extravaganza comes to Merthyr Tydfil town centre by James Hemingray
- Popular New Quay chip shop destroyed in blaze by Cerys Lafferty
- Brownlee and Matthews bring it home at inaugural Swansea Ironman by James Hemingray