JD Welsh Cup final to be played at Cardiff City Stadium
THE Cardiff City Stadium will host the JD Welsh Cup final between Penybont and The New Saints.
The Final will take place on Sunday, 1 May at 4pm, and be broadcast live on S4C and streamed online on the S4C website and Sgorio Facebook page.
Rhys Griffiths guided Penybont to their first-ever JD Welsh Cup Final following a penalty shoot-out victory against Bala Town at Park Avenue earlier this month.
While current holders The New Saints secured their place in the last two following a 1-0 win over JD Cymru North side Colwyn Bay at Rhyl’s Belle Vue.
Andrew Howard, FAW Head of Competitions, said: “We’re very pleased that the Cardiff City Stadium will be hosting this season’s Final, which is a showpiece event in the domestic calendar.
“I’m sure it will be a very special occasion for the players and staff to grace the pitch that provided such a memorable evening for the men’s national team on Thursday, and hopefully the feel-good factor encourages people to attend this season’s Final.”
- Appeal for witnesses after child sexually assaulted on train in Haverfordwest by Thomas Sinclair
- Top ten famous Welsh people by Elfed Jones
- WG must balance farming priorities by Jon Coles
- Wales’ longest station name: How it got its name, and what it means by Doug Evans
- Trussonomics = Thatcherism 2.0 by Jon Coles
- Wales Six Nations tickets on public sale from September 30 by James Hemingray
- Royal symbols that will need to change now Charles is King by Cerys Lafferty
- Welsh farmer-owned creamery on top of the world after golden hat-trick by Jon Coles